× General discussion

When we start to acquire companies

1 week 1 day ago #9969 by Dennis

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote: How about this for our first acquisition? ..... seems to fit our ethos ....
www.quora.com/Why-should-I-use-DuckDuckGo-instead-of-Google

The last I heard DuckDuckGo doesn't want to be bought out. They seem to be doing fine because they give
a way to find what you want without "everyone" knowing about it. They definitely fit our ethics.

I have used it to find out if something really is on a page one. I tried using 12 friends doing searches in different
parts of the world to find out how something was ranking. The results varied so much on Google is was all but
worthless. Anyone who is in your Google+ circles will see you on a page one before anyone else. Don't try searching
your own content. Google will most likely show it on a page one for you personally. I have no idea how things
work on Yahoo search or Bing, if they are still separate. The last time I checked into it in 2013, there were over
100 search engines. No telling how many there are now.

In 2013 a friend asked me to check into a new vehicle for him. I used Google search. For months everywhere I
looked there were ads from car companies trying to get me to look at their vehicles. Some of the places where
these ads showed up really surprised me. Facebook and twitter, my domain email, I was contacted by a dealer
who is on Linkedin. IBOtoolbox even showed ads from a dealership locally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Angela, PattiH, Robyn Lockhart

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 week 1 day ago #9926 by onieceg
[color=]I agree Patti....they know everything you do. So does FB....I hate it, every time I even pick up my phone
a certain person knows it and starts sending me messages.
[/color]

Foundation Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: PattiH

1 week 2 days ago #9899 by PattiH

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote: How about this for our first acquisition? ..... seems to fit our ethos ....

I do not use Google calendar very much for that reason - they seem to know everything you do.

Partner S2T
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prosperitywithpurpose

1 week 2 days ago #9891 by Prosperitywithpurpose
How about this for our first acquisition? ..... seems to fit our ethos ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Annamarie, PattiH

Time to create page: 1.304 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

February 2018
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28