× General discussion

the internet is dead !

3 days 4 hours ago #8546 by Prosperitywithpurpose
Just had a quick glance ... looks like P2P networking ..... something we have been talking about since day one. I believe FregaCrypto will bring us so much closer to ALL our goals.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 days 10 hours ago #8537 by Dennis
With the repeal of Net Neutrality in ways for some the internet is dead.

Someone is always going to come up with new products to fill the gap.

In time mesh might be a viable option. At this point, I would have to say
it is not. They are not far enough ahead of the collective. As you said
Kapil, it is well worth looking into. A year from now it might be a viable
option.

3 days 11 hours ago #8536 by Kapil Arn
Interesting article :
www.wsj.com/articles/startups-seek-tech-...ty-repeal-1514383200

as most of U probably know, I've been looking for a solution to the conundrum of v poor people not being able to access our FregaCollection services due to not being able to afford a smartfone and ISB fees for data, ( see the forum post : Kapils Legacy .) And also in poor countries, often internet connexion can be v poor, or even crapp.
Im wondering if this new mesh technology might be at least a part of the answer ?
Obviously its still in its infancy, but at the breakneck speed of todays tech developments, in jst 1 year this could be a dominant force.
Im eagerly looking forward to these developments.

3 days 11 hours ago - 3 days 11 hours ago #8534 by Kapil Arn

The internet is dead ! Long live the MESH !

Im back from my holidays ( working v hard on my land..) Trying to catch up with a million posts, msgs and mail...
Ive come across an interesting little item. Would fit well into Debs article of future predictions and disruptors. A new development called the mesh.
As U probably all know, I'm not real hot with things digital. Maybe Paddy and some of U other digigeeks / masters can check it out.
I st have an intuitive feeling that this new development can become v useful. And maybe RS / FC can become leaders in this new technology. ?
imeshyou.com gotenna.com
Be interested what others think of this idea.

Time to create page: 1.147 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

January 2018
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31