× General discussion

It's the silly season!

5 days 19 hours ago #7287 by Dennis
Gill I really don't know too much about New Zealand, so I could be wrong. Here some stores have a lot of returns, others don't. Those which don't would be the ones I would target locally if I was physically able. There as well it is the start of summer. Here it is the beginning of winter.

I have been trying to get my head around Celsius for years. What I do know is Freezing is 0 and 100 is boiling.

Someone told me in California that when it was 118 F it was 46 Celsius. At that point you could fry and egg on the sidewalk almost as fast as you could on a stove.

I remember going to a job site in October. It was 92 F at 7 AM on the desert floor. Where my job site was at 8,200 ft, it was below 32 F and snowing. It took only an hour to get from the desert floor to the job site. That was in my Don Quixote days. My company was building the foundations for windmills. My crew and I finished that job in 4 days. Normally it took two weeks. None of us wanted to spend one more day working in freezing weather when we were used to temps in the 100's F and above with night time lows of around 85 F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 days 21 hours ago #7281 by Gill Cameron

Dennis wrote: Gill, the best time to hit small businesses for you will most likely be from the day after Christmas until the day before New Years. Concentrate on those who have the least items coming in as returns.

All companies with products are going to want to sell as much as possible so they will have less to inventory. This is assuming your tax season is similar to the U.S.

In the U.S. the best time to work with individual people is from Feb 15th to April 15th.

Although I have friends in England, I have no idea when the best time is there for businesses or individuals.

I live in NZ Dennis and there is no way I'm going to be hitting business the day after Christmas... this is not the USA...did you read what I wrote... it's manic back here in NZ

5 days 22 hours ago #7273 by Dennis
Gill, the best time to hit small businesses for you will most likely be from the day after Christmas until the day before New Years. Concentrate on those who have the least items coming in as returns.

All companies with products are going to want to sell as much as possible so they will have less to inventory. This is assuming your tax season is similar to the U.S.

In the U.S. the best time to work with individual people is from Feb 15th to April 15th.

Although I have friends in England, I have no idea when the best time is there for businesses or individuals.

6 days 1 hour ago #7259 by Gill Cameron
It's beginning to get very busy here leading up to Christmas. I'ts also very hot with many end of year functions and social activities. In NZ many people take their main holidays (often not their perfect holiday time) at this time. So triple the sillyness

It's also probably not the best time for the NZ teams to get out and market S2T...most people are heading to the beaches when they can and preparing for Xmas/family/new year/holidays...shops are heaving with people xmas shopping

For those of you in the northern hemisphere...freezing your butts off...lol celebrate the fact that we're having such glorious weather (for a change) and we'll be doing our bit when it's past the silly dilly time and people are not so frantic...

Well done Paddy...
The following user(s) said Thank You: PattiH

Time to create page: 0.750 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

December 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16