× General discussion

I was watching a TV programme about people that look like other people.

3 days 9 hours ago - 3 days 9 hours ago #7390 by onieceg
Patti wrote: Near 80 degrees on Tuesday and Snow on Friday!

Wow Patti, bet you loved it....you don't get to see much snow.

Foundation Member

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 days 16 hours ago #7376 by Viv Hill
I'm a bit like you Angela, I can't stand the heat either. It's 21deg here in the Kapiti Coast at the moment which is really nice but I have been staying up in the Manawatu with my daughters for the last 10 days and temperatures have been much hotter there...26 and higher.

4 days 4 hours ago #7349 by Dennis
By now, for years we have had a foot of snow on the ground. This year less than an hour of flurries which melted when they hit the ground. Here the farmers need snow to get a good crop. It is the early snow slowly melting which feeds the water to the deep root area which helps the plants grow stronger. As the water in the ground freezes deeper in the winter insect eggs and rodents die, which makes it better for the next years crops.

4 days 4 hours ago - 4 days 4 hours ago #7347 by PattiH

onieceg wrote: Angela: It seems the weather these days are in extremes, too much rain, too much heat, too many hurricanes.

We were devastated with hurricanes this year Angela, as I am sure you heard on the news. It will take a long
time to recover and rebuild from them, not only here in the US, but all the islands and small countries south of us. The weather
is definitely changing from years ago. Carol lives in Alabama, 4 hrs south of us and they had SNOW yesterday. Growing up in AL, we
rarely had snow.

I live 4 hours South of Carol in Mississippi (South Mississippi) 60 miles from the Gulf Coast and we got 5-6 inches of Snow yesterday.

Near 80 degrees on Tuesday and Snow on Friday!

Partner S2T

4 days 9 hours ago #7345 by onieceg
Angela: It seems the weather these days are in extremes, too much rain, too much heat, too many hurricanes.

We were devastated with hurricanes this year Angela, as I am sure you heard on the news. It will take a long
time to recover and rebuild from them, not only here in the US, but all the islands and small countries south of us. The weather
is definitely changing from years ago. Carol lives in Alabama, 4 hrs south of us and they had SNOW yesterday. Growing up in AL, we
rarely had snow.

Foundation Member

5 days 20 hours ago #7284 by Angela
It seems strange that you are having summer Angela. We are starting to have cold, wintery weather. We will be
leaving for Florida in about 10 days, down where it is most always warm (or hot) I can take the heat better than I can the cold.
[/quote]

I believe Paddy is in for some stormy weather and strong winds. The North of england and Scotland will bear the brunt of it though. It seems the weather these days are in extremes, too much rain, too much heat, too many hurricanes. I am so lucky where I live, here in the Bay of Plenty, Google Earth it. We don't usually get extremes and our summers here are usually in the high 20's C . I heard today that down the south of the South Island of NZ it's heading for 35 degrees today. Far too hot for me. I'm melting at 22C.

I thrive in the winter months more so than the summer, but then again even our winter here in The BoP rarely hits 1 above zero and mostly average between 7 and 10C . It all depends what part of NZ we live in.

Keep warm I'd send you some of my heat if I could. LOL

5 days 23 hours ago #7268 by Dennis
Thanks Angela,

Good to know I can still make people laugh. I hope the weather cools down and you aren't so flustered. I would gladly send you my weather. It was 13 above 0 F this morning, and has turned into a cold crisp day.

Until 2015 I didn't have to deal with being outside in real cold weather or hot weather. Now I am out about daily. Both hot and cold are not fun for me. In every weather I feel hotter or colder than the real temp.

6 days 10 hours ago - 6 days 10 hours ago #7250 by onieceg
Angela wrote: I was feeling a bit hot and bothered and jaded by the heat that NZ has turned on in the Bay of Plenty this week and just read your story I really did laugh out loud. It revived me no end. It's so good to have a good laugh at least once a day and that was my laugh of the day.

It seems strange that you are having summer Angela. We are starting to have cold, wintery weather. We will be
leaving for Florida in about 10 days, down where it is most always warm (or hot) I can take the heat better than I can the cold.

Foundation Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: PattiH

6 days 16 hours ago #7244 by Angela

Dennis wrote: I have a kind of funny story about this. When my step father died I was too far away to make it to the funeral. My half brother took my wife to pay her last respects. She saw someone there who was so like me she thought it was me. It went so far as she went up to give him a kiss. It was at that point she realized it wasn't me. It was his actions and nothing else that gave him away.

My half brother later told me he thought it was me as well.

Since this man was at my step fathers funeral I would have to guess he is related in some way. Never did figure out who he was or how he might be related though.

I was feeling a bit hot and bothered and jaded by the heat that NZ has turned on in the Bay of Plenty this week and just read your story I really did laugh out loud. It revived me no end. It's so good to have a good laugh at least once a day and that was my laugh of the day. :lol:

6 days 18 hours ago #7241 by Dennis
I have a kind of funny story about this. When my step father died I was too far away to make it to the funeral. My half brother took my wife to pay her last respects. She saw someone there who was so like me she thought it was me. It went so far as she went up to give him a kiss. It was at that point she realized it wasn't me. It was his actions and nothing else that gave him away.

My half brother later told me he thought it was me as well.

Since this man was at my step fathers funeral I would have to guess he is related in some way. Never did figure out who he was or how he might be related though.

6 days 23 hours ago #7229 by Angela
[
They say we all have a twin in this world.

All I will say to that is - poor woman that is my twin! LOL

[/quote]

LOL my sentiments too. People seem to come in types with their facial features, and I see mine in some people and inwardly groan. Do I really have that type face.? Yes of course I do, wish I didn't. :S

On the other hand I am grateful to be here in this life and to have a face that is not deformed and to have all working body parts is a blessing. We are blessed with what we have and what we have been given has no bearing on our inner self, our souls.

The following user(s) said Thank You: PattiH, Deb Deb

1 week 1 minute ago #7223 by PattiH

Whatsup wrote: I was watching a TV programme about people that look like other people. The people on the program look like they were twins or related. This could be a great opportunity for Realstew , to start a competition to find the closest match though social media all over the world. Show a picture of someone and ask friends, family to share and find the same facial identity anywhere in the world. Something like what I am saying. Someone here could make my idea even better? :woohoo:

They say we all have a twin in this world.

All I will say to that is - poor woman that is my twin! LOL

Partner S2T

1 week 9 hours ago #7198 by Whatsup
I was watching a TV programme about people that look like other people. The people on the program look like they were twins or related. This could be a great opportunity for Realstew , to start a competition to find the closest match though social media all over the world. Show a picture of someone and ask friends, family to share and find the same facial identity anywhere in the world. Something like what I am saying. Someone here could make my idea even better? :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PattiH

Time to create page: 1.271 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

December 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23