× General discussion

250 listing

1 day 15 hours ago #7461 by Kapil Arn

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote:

Clive Taylor wrote: Thanks Steve - it surprises me that NZ have not embraced Hemp farming - it really would make a huge ecological difference and advance our environmental aspirations. Roll on RS and we can fund an operation hey!

Hi Clive. You might be surprised how much activity there is already. I visited “The Hemp Farm” near Tirau a few months ago in the middle of their harvest .... fantastic operation. They make mostly oil for salads and skin creams and “Animal Food” (Its for humans but they are not allowed to market it for humans YET) from the seeds. There is a group on the East Cape called ECHO Housing that grow Hemp and build local houses from it. I visited a guy in NP a few years ago building houses but he was importing the Hemp FROM THE NETHERLANDS!!! There are several operations in the SI.
On my frequent trips through Ngatea on the Hauraki Planes recently (visiting Janet) I thought .... what PERFECT land for Hemp. Maybe we Stewers can form a Hemp co-operative and replace the NZ Dairy Industry with the NZ Hemp Industry .... Growing, R&D, product development etc .... who’s in?

Im def. in Steve
Im intending to use hempcrete for building my house at the Eco village. Hempcrete is way better for environment then concrete. Also healthier.
The production of cement for concrete is v damaging to de environment. It releases heaps of CO2 and uses enormous amounts of energy. Plus when concrete cures, it also releases CO2. Whereas Hemp is the opposite. It only uses Hemp pulp and Lime. As it cures, it absorbs CO2. And its incredably strong. Ideal building material.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deb Deb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 days 13 hours ago #7384 by Anita:Technical Support
Count me in !! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deb Deb, Prosperitywithpurpose

3 days 20 hours ago #7363 by Prosperitywithpurpose

Dennis wrote: Steve, it all came down to money. You have to remember Cancer in America is a multi billion dollar business. A comment on an article I wrote said if those treating cancer lost even half their income, the country would go bankrupt. Rope made from other materials is more expensive. Concrete has continued to increase in cost. In fact everything which can be done cheaper with hemp has continued to cost more.

Here they passed the law banning it using "Fear factor." They basically stated not much would get done if everyone was sitting in a corner somewhere with the munchies. The hemp they grew to use in World War 2 didn't have much of what it took to use as a drug.

I personally am about as anti drug as anyone can be. The kind of hemp they grew locally for the war effort in World War 2 though I never considered a drug. I did know it had medicinal uses. My grandmother used it in poultices. The dog who ate it, really didn't. He chewed it and put it on his bad foot. Whether cows or other livestock would eat it I have no idea.

With you all the way Dennis.
There is much confusion over this issue which I’m attempting to clear up on Social Media. Hemp and “Cannabis” have very different properties. There is no THC in Hemp so you can’t get high from smoking it. Both, however, have CBD in, and that is what gives them both their medicinal properties.
Hemp animal food is available in NZ .... it’s actually very good food for humans too, the seeds have the best nutrient profile of all seeds, but we are not allowed to market the food for humans ....it’s illegal .... go figure. Hemp was demonised by some massive corporate agendas in the past. Hopefully people are waking up to the amazing value and benefits that this “God Given” plant can bring to mankind.

3 days 23 hours ago #7353 by Dennis
Steve, it all came down to money. You have to remember Cancer in America is a multi billion dollar business. A comment on an article I wrote said if those treating cancer lost even half their income, the country would go bankrupt. Rope made from other materials is more expensive. Concrete has continued to increase in cost. In fact everything which can be done cheaper with hemp has continued to cost more.

Here they passed the law banning it using "Fear factor." They basically stated not much would get done if everyone was sitting in a corner somewhere with the munchies. The hemp they grew to use in World War 2 didn't have much of what it took to use as a drug.

I personally am about as anti drug as anyone can be. The kind of hemp they grew locally for the war effort in World War 2 though I never considered a drug. I did know it had medicinal uses. My grandmother used it in poultices. The dog who ate it, really didn't. He chewed it and put it on his bad foot. Whether cows or other livestock would eat it I have no idea.

4 days 12 hours ago #7344 by Clive Taylor
I am in for a project for sure
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prosperitywithpurpose

4 days 19 hours ago #7339 by Prosperitywithpurpose

Dennis wrote: The thing about hemp is it can be done differently. My grandmother had plants growing in her front yard before it became illegal to grow in the U.S. It doesn't take a lot in the way of acreage and can be grown close to streams where a "regular" farm crop can't be harvested. A major problem might be if planted in an area where they are raising cattle is they might eat the profits. I know my grandmothers dog did.

You raise an interesting point there’s Dennis. The fact that Hemp WAS illegal throughout America. Does anyone here know why Hemp was and still is illegal in many places ..... even though you could smoke a bucket full of Hemp and not get high? Thankfully the world is waking up to the benefits of Hemp and it’s becoming accepted everywhere for the amazing benefits for mankind that it offers.

4 days 22 hours ago #7336 by Dennis
The thing about hemp is it can be done differently. My grandmother had plants growing in her front yard before it became illegal to grow in the U.S. It doesn't take a lot in the way of acreage and can be grown close to streams where a "regular" farm crop can't be harvested. A major problem might be if planted in an area where they are raising cattle is they might eat the profits. I know my grandmothers dog did.

4 days 22 hours ago #7335 by Carol USA Global Support
I am interested Steve, have family who has farmland and I would be willing to help them get started.

Foundation Member

4 days 23 hours ago #7333 by Deb Deb
Put my name on the list, Steve. It is sound ecological sense and from a health point of view, it is also very healthy for ALL animals. Of course, the dairy industry is not going to be happy but it shouldn't really worry them other than the requirement for land. I am sure everyone here knows this is not about growing a "funny weed"

5 days 54 minutes ago #7331 by Prosperitywithpurpose

Clive Taylor wrote: Thanks Steve - it surprises me that NZ have not embraced Hemp farming - it really would make a huge ecological difference and advance our environmental aspirations. Roll on RS and we can fund an operation hey!

Hi Clive. You might be surprised how much activity there is already. I visited “The Hemp Farm” near Tirau a few months ago in the middle of their harvest .... fantastic operation. They make mostly oil for salads and skin creams and “Animal Food” (Its for humans but they are not allowed to market it for humans YET) from the seeds. There is a group on the East Cape called ECHO Housing that grow Hemp and build local houses from it. I visited a guy in NP a few years ago building houses but he was importing the Hemp FROM THE NETHERLANDS!!! There are several operations in the SI.
On my frequent trips through Ngatea on the Hauraki Planes recently (visiting Janet) I thought .... what PERFECT land for Hemp. Maybe we Stewers can form a Hemp co-operative and replace the NZ Dairy Industry with the NZ Hemp Industry .... Growing, R&D, product development etc .... who’s in?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive Taylor

5 days 2 hours ago #7317 by Clive Taylor
Thanks Steve - it surprises me that NZ have not embraced Hemp farming - it really would make a huge ecological difference and advance our environmental aspirations. Roll on RS and we can fund an operation hey!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Prosperitywithpurpose

5 days 10 hours ago #7302 by Carol USA Global Support
Interesting. My first introduction to Hemp Oil was 2 months ago. Met a lady at a Fall Festival and her physician was recommending Hemp Oil for all of his patients. I have been taking it for one month, It is 250 mg. Pure Hemp Extract.

Foundation Member

5 days 10 hours ago #7301 by Prosperitywithpurpose

Carol USA Global Support wrote: Hi Steve, it looks good. What do you know about HEMP?

lol .... don’t get me started on Hemp :)
Here are just a few of the products that can be made from Hemp ....
Fabrics, curtains, carpets, rope
Paper
Concrete that is lighter and stronger than normal concrete and better for the environment. Whole houses can be built from Hempcrete.
Building products
Skin creams, GREAT for the skin.
Cosmetics without toxic ingredients
Animal bedding
Animal food
Human food (the seeds are one of the most nutritious on the planet.
It grows 14 feet in a season, requires very little water, zero pesticides and it absorbed and locks in toxins from the soil and CO2 from the atmosphere.
I am planning on helping to
make Hemp the number one primary industry for NZ .... much healthier for the country than milk. [/color]
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barbarella, VivianEisenecher, Deb Deb

5 days 19 hours ago #7288 by Anita:Technical Support
RE: I finally got around to setting up a store. Kiwis4hemp.something2trade.com I posted a Free Music DVD Can someone confirm I did it right please. :woohoo: Yay you did it !! :) Looks great !! wo hoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barbarella, Prosperitywithpurpose

5 days 19 hours ago #7285 by Carol USA Global Support
Hi Steve, it looks good. What do you know about HEMP?

Foundation Member

5 days 21 hours ago #7283 by Gill Cameron
Looking good Steve...

And nice to see you back here btw...

5 days 22 hours ago #7278 by Deb Deb
Hey Steve, too bad you don't ship. I would have bought the DVD .

I have however shared your link in Facebook.

Merry Christmas.

5 days 22 hours ago #7274 by Paddy Delaney
Well done Steve, good one mate

5 days 22 hours ago #7272 by Dave Cato

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote: I finally got around to setting up a store. Kiwis4hemp.something2trade.com I posted a Free Music DVD Can someone confirm I did it right please.

Really good start Steve. Got all the basics right so just keep playing with the profile and the product management stuff to learn the in's and out's. Can't break it. Don't fret over the background image as it's impossible to get it looking right at present. Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deb Deb, Prosperitywithpurpose

5 days 22 hours ago #7271 by Prosperitywithpurpose
I finally got around to setting up a store. Kiwis4hemp.something2trade.com I posted a Free Music DVD Can someone confirm I did it right please.

Time to create page: 1.736 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

December 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30