× General discussion

Keep it simple

1 week 2 days ago #6071 by Paddy Delaney
Cool, all good Robyn...we will all get it soon!

Look at this forum when we first started to use it we felt unsure now we use the parts we are happy to use and 90% of what is possible to use ... and that is fine ..

Go to FB ...I bet you only use a fraction of the features even our brains we only use a small % of what is possible ...but every day we learn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robyn Lockhart

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 week 2 days ago #6069 by Robyn Lockhart
and yes I know the doing of the details will soon be ok and I will know how to operate it soon, I don't have the gift of the gab nor the deep understanding of it to pass it on in a few grab em terms to bring the ppl i meet on board.

1 week 2 days ago #6068 by Robyn Lockhart
Random thoughts
I was already reading fluently - self taught, by asking appropriate questions) before I started school
I'm not used to learning difficult.
The heading of the thread said keep it simple and I thought great this is just what I need - but it wasn't.
Had this been headed with a business term that was new to me I would not have commented like I have.
This was presented as a simple way to bring people into the collective. And I am sorry but its not yet even close for me. Its not that I dont understand more and more what you are saying but its not a simple here you go this is it in a simple nutshell place yet.

1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #6065 by Paddy Delaney
Don't sweat the details ... it all becomes second nature

When we started school at 5 years of age we took 26 days to learn every letter of the alphabet and slowly started to put them together to read, write and increase our vocab to have conversations ...we have accomplished this so what we are now doing is a walk in the park ...learn by doing first (Open store/load product) then do again when we go live, share links and see how things build from there.

Analysis breeds paralysis don't over think it as Dave says 'Do, Learn, Teach'

1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #6063 by Paddy Delaney
Once we go live with actual examples where you buy/sell things and the transactions are recorded/ executed you will see that everything is second nature to you

You will start digging around and see interesting reports on transactions and start receiving alerts when stock levels are low or customers that buy every week are not doing so anymore and you are prompted to look into it etc

You will see that having listed an item someone buys it because they were referred by a friend etc

You will see money coming into your Frega Account in different currencies and without doing anything - you will go to the Frega Global forum to find out why?... discover this is much bigger than you initially realized and then presented with opportunity to take it further - taken on a journey ...

Attachments:

1 week 2 days ago #6062 by Paddy Delaney
No one is laughing at you Robyn at all, in fact these are good questions and it moulds the words we should be using to explain what it is we are doing and by you probing like you do we are getting better to explain

1 week 2 days ago #6060 by onieceg
Please is there anyone else out there who looks at this and says its not simple? Anyone else that like me struggles with it? Or are you all laughing at me? I need to know its not the latter as if it is I can't see me ever being able to talk about this to anyone in a meaningful way.

No Robyn, no one is laughing at you. I struggle with it too. I just keep reading and reading and occasionally a light comes on, and I say,
aha, I get it now. No, it is not simple, but I do think the tech team is working to make it easier for us to understand. And, maybe when we get the videos that will help us understand better too.

Foundation Member

1 week 2 days ago #6058 by Robyn Lockhart
this is too much thinking for me - it is still not keep it simple. I'm asking for say three simple easy to take in lines that any e.g not very businesslike person running their market stall badly would instantly say wow yeah that's what i need. It may be the whole thing is too complex but as of right now I have no idea how I would approach anyone even if it was all systems go.

It is still not simple and immediate. I can't make it practical. I am not interested in business terms I'm interested in human terms. I don't have the instant understanding of what you say to take it in, process it, and spit it out ready for someone like me to get.
I do not believe i am that stupid but this is not hitting the spot. i do not doubt you are painting a good picture. its just not painted in a way i can hand it on.
Please is there anyone else out there who looks at this and says its not simple? Anyone else that like me struggles with it? Or are you all laughing at me? I need to know its not the latter as if it is I can't see me ever being able to talk about this to anyone in a meaningful way.

1 week 2 days ago #6046 by Paddy Delaney
Ok I will hopefully explain some points - as they do business with clients it records in the system who buys what and what is purchased by whom and when/frequency ...as we build data pattern we will put in alerts/ prompts saying x purchases every week and for three weeks has not ...should you follow this up?... you may want to boost mid-week business - identify a product and launch special - target customers that could be interested based on past purchase habits - with more knowledge you are more responsive and proactive.

Increased channels - from Control dashboard you are not limited to ordinary eCommerce sales - you can identify product and launch special or put on auction ...multi-channel approach

Having listed an item a host of motivated affiliates (Frega Members/.Pledgees looking to increase links) will refer to friends - leverage your reach beyond who you know.

Once you do business with them ask if you can email the invoice/receipt and advise they must click on receipt and register to access warranty
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kapil Arn, Robyn Lockhart

1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #6039 by Robyn Lockhart
I don't often use the quote function here but would like to go thru paddy's initial post with much reference to detail. I found it interesting that the title which caught my eye and big words paddy used left me thinking that this needs simplified for the average person. It is not in my mind simple. I am not slow and I read a lot and while i sort of get it there is no way this is written using words I or most of my friends would use regularly.

Paddy Delaney wrote: An interesting discussion today with a business (cartage/ home removals business).

They asked me what I did?

My reply, working with a group of friends who have their own business or sell and buy things from time to time on eBay/Gumtree and Amazon we have a come up with some ideas that we have coded into a system that we are beta testing at present that we believe will do four things:

So far so good

1. Put the business in CONTROL of understanding who their customers are, what they buy from them and tools that will allow them to be more responsive and proactive ......I only sorta get this one to their needs and in the process increase repeat and referral business; I think part of the confusion here is what they buy from them is two different they/them customer/merchant it made it hard for the flow of understanding
2. Second, we have expanded the channels to market where from your CONTROL you can initiate campaigns/ actively promote your services; ...sorry this one is a bit vague the words don't speak to me
3. We then have found a way to leverage the effectiveness of the decisions you take by using the crowd approach to market your services ...Other than the words the effectiveness of the decisions you take by using the I don't understand this one at all though I re read several times it is not something in my familiar world. ON rereading it several times I realise the problem lies in the word leverage making the rest much less easy to get.
4. We do all this at a reduced cost to what you are currently paying and in fact share the money paid for the services and turn a cost into a profit center

We meet next week to set up URL and start getting him sorted...he is Polish and said he has many friends running their own businesses that feel marginalized with what is happening with Brexit etc and looking for a better way to run theor business in UK and with friends in Poland ... it will work for him and next step will be meeting with his friends Simple typo

He will use eReceipt etc

Please explain eReceipt too

Hopefully I had my head on enough to colour that precisely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kapil Arn

1 week 3 days ago #6021 by Clive Taylor
Thanks Dennis - applies to most things - we tend to complicate everything unnecessarily with far too much detail. Simplicity in Branding becomes easier to accomplish with establishment because the association is there. Some of the best teachers/lecturers/mentors are outstanding in conveying understanding because they are able to reduce complex issue and thoughts to the simple kernels. How we miss them!

1 week 3 days ago #5972 by Dennis
One of the reasons branding is so hard is breaking things down to where they become simple.

Make it simple was one of the things my online teachers stressed about daily.

People (buyers) like simple. It also makes sense for those who are marketing
worldwide because in countries where English isn't the first language their
understanding of English is quite often at a sixth grade level, with many below
that.

Writers too are taught to write to the audience. Once you figure out who your
base audience is, write to their level. In many cases this means simplify the
message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie, Rhonda Bethune

1 week 3 days ago #5960 by Paddy Delaney
Solve their immediate problems in how they find customers, trade and everything else falls into place ...

1 week 3 days ago #5959 by Paddy Delaney
An interesting discussion today with a business (cartage/ home removals business).

They asked me what I did?

My reply, working with a group of friends who have their own business or sell and buy things from time to time on eBay/Gumtree and Amazon we have a come up with some ideas that we have coded into a system that we are beta testing at present that we believe will do four things:

1. Put the business in CONTROL of understanding who their customers are, what they buy from them and tools that will allow them to be more responsive and proactive to their needs and in the process increase repeat and referral business;
2. Second, we have expanded the channels to market where from your CONTROL you can initiate campaigns/ actively promote your services;
3. We then have found a way to leverage the effectiveness of the decisions you take by using the crowd approach to market your services
4. We do all this at a reduced cost to what you are currently paying and in fact share the money paid for the services and turn a cost into a profit center

We meet next week to set up URL and start getting him sorted...he is Polish and said he has many friends running their own businesses that feel marginalized with what is happening with Brexit etc and looking for a better way to run theor business in UK and with friends in Poland ... it will work for him and next step will be meeting with his friends

He will use eReceipt etc

Time to create page: 1.960 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

November 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25