× General discussion

Keep it simple

4 hours 22 minutes ago #6495 by Anita:Technical Support
I agree Dennis The only way to get familiar with something is to jump in, there is no water involved here so no one is going to sink . The worst thing that can happen is that everyone gets more familiar with the Application.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gill Poole

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 hours 8 minutes ago #6481 by Dennis
As you once said Paddy. "You can't break it, just push buttons until you figure it out."

I recommend this for all members of the collective. You might be surprised at what you learn.

10 hours 42 minutes ago #6480 by Paddy Delaney
I agree Dennis, analysis breeds paralysis ... go with the flow, help is at hand... life goes on.

11 hours 33 minutes ago #6478 by Dennis
With a mentor everything is simple.

Remember Kapil you have a mentor as well.

Once I had the basics everything came easy.

The new people coming in won't have some of the problems I had.

What I have always found is when you create a friendship with the
person you are mentoring, they won't mind if "you get back to them."

Just remember if someone you are mentoring asks for something
you can't answer this second, to get back to them once you do
have the answer.

This is why I have said from the beginning creating a personal relationship
(friendship) with those you want to invite to the collective is important.

For mentors this will be important as well. If people feel you truly care
about them and their success, they will work harder to make sure they
are successful.

Sadly this isn't true for everyone, it will be for enough though to keep
things moving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela

13 hours 34 minutes ago #6475 by Paddy Delaney
You are over thinking it Kapil.

Your role is to purely to give the Mentee the following information:

1. How to open a URL
2. How to load a product
3. To show them where their Frega Statements are
4. To get them to join Frega Global and to ask questions, view posts
5. How to KYC themselves (Profile and screens coming);
6. How to search for items on S2T
7. How to share referral links with friends and why it is beneficial to do it
8. Where to find their FRega Rating and how to increase it and why it is important to increase;
9. To go to the Journey tab and show them where they are on the journey and explain benefits to progress within the eco-system (see tabs on the Journey screen explaining this already)
10. Show them the Gallery of suggestions of how the Frega Collection can be used and make contact for further information from the Member that put the suggestion up into the gallery.

Remember you have a Mentor that Mentors you as well - so ask questions up the line from you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Angela, VivianEisenecher

15 hours 5 minutes ago #6473 by Paddy Delaney
Don't sweat the detail ...it will come naturally

15 hours 6 minutes ago #6472 by Kapil Arn
Im happy to read that I'm not the only one that is struggling with this ...!

15 hours 17 minutes ago #6470 by Kapil Arn
Thnx Robyn,
U put it nicely into words what I have been thinking for a long tym.
I read Paddys explanations of what FC is and does. Im thinking, I'll never be able to remember all this fancy language and even if I could, what would I say to ppl if they then ask me what does all this mean...
Me ( and I suspect many others too ) need a much simpler way to explain things.
I sometymes get really discouraged, thinking I need to resign from being a mentor as I wont be able to explain stuff that I dont know myself. But RS has always ( well, for many years now ) been the solution to making my dreams a reality. I just wish it had come a long in a different form, other then digital, and internet business.
My brain just doesnt function that way and for me it takes a huge effort to understand what to me are abstract concepts.
But I know theres no way around it, I just have to plod away and hope sooner or later my brain will absorb enough of what I read every day by osmosis.

1 week 1 day ago #6197 by Dennis
Annamarie wrote:

Dennis, I was talking with Carol the other day and we were thinking about your generous support of time and we thought of maybe a 3 -15 minute powerpoint or zoom meeting to provide simple info to support members. Let us know in our messages your answer. Just click on my pic it should take you there.

Tried this didn't work.

I am interested in doing a zoom call with whomever. Simplifying everything is the order of the day. From what Dave said, it would probably be good for Paddy to be on the call as well. If he can't be it is best that Paddy approve whatever is done before it goes live.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Annamarie

1 week 2 days ago #6125 by Paddy Delaney
Good on you Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robyn Lockhart

1 week 2 days ago #6121 by Dave Cato

Prosperitywithpurpose wrote:

Robyn Lockhart wrote: Maybe in one sense the heading is wrong, but I believe there is a gap between the understanding you have and the understanding needed for everyone (and I mean foreign language speaking, badly educated, or semi literate included) to carry this. If its not simple its not going to work as well as we need it to. Some documents are ok to be partly unreadable because you need legalese. But If your thinking is that something is simple when its not that needs to addressed. a simple substitution of increasing instead of leveraging or such etc not quite as accurate perhaps but simpler to take in? I don't know i reread and despair that we will ever be able to understand enough.

Rest assured Robyn .... YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Something we should all consider is...
When Paddy writes something explaining a function, a process and a way of doing something, that what ever he writes is usually very correct. BUT... Paddy is a trained lawyer and therefore he puts things in his language. I also find it hard to decipher at times and over the years have tried to rewrite some of his explanations into "Simple" understanding language but it is very difficult to do without getting things wrong. Paddy doesn't mind us trying to do this if anyone can make it easier. Just pass it by him before you publish. I will try to do this when I fully understand it what is said and see how it works. Big job...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Annamarie, VivianEisenecher

1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #6112 by Annamarie

Dennis wrote: Robyn, my attempt to simplify.

It is simple really.

1. If someone has something to sell, send them to something2trade.

2.If someone needs to know their customer, KYC/AML explain this is part of
the package.

3. If someone needs banking, send them to Frega.

4. If it is a company and they want to track who has bought something
and when
, it can become part of the package.

At this point really the only thing necessary is for people to know we
(the collective) have someplace people can put things up for sale.

It should also be pointed out, there will be social sharing by people
who might not become customers. If they reach the right audience
there will be new customers.

It is more about listening to the needs of the people you meet than
trying to sell them anything.

One of the things which has helped me through the years is I listen
not trying to formulate a response. When I use this approach I find
it gives me a reason to talk to the person again, and I can formulate
my response at my leisure giving me time to come up with the
correct (best) solution for them
. In the end it is about filling the
customers needs, and only about filling their needs.

Dennis, I was talking with Carol the other day and we were thinking about your generous support of time and we thought of maybe a 3 -15 minute powerpoint or zoom meeting to provide simple info to support members. Let us know in our messages your answer. Just click on my pic it should take you their.

1 week 2 days ago #6109 by Prosperitywithpurpose

Robyn Lockhart wrote: Maybe in one sense the heading is wrong, but I believe there is a gap between the understanding you have and the understanding needed for everyone (and I mean foreign language speaking, badly educated, or semi literate included) to carry this. If its not simple its not going to work as well as we need it to. Some documents are ok to be partly unreadable because you need legalese. But If your thinking is that something is simple when its not that needs to addressed. a simple substitution of increasing instead of leveraging or such etc not quite as accurate perhaps but simpler to take in? I don't know i reread and despair that we will ever be able to understand enough.

Rest assured Robyn .... YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #6105 by Annamarie

Dennis wrote: Robyn, my attempt to simplify.

It is simple really.

the package.

and when

Appreciate your clear advice and great support Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Barbarella, Robyn Lockhart

1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #6103 by Gill Poole
Hi Robyn

I hope you're enjoying your holiday. It amazes me that you are so focused on the platform when you are travelling around in an exciting place.

When I was travelling last year, this year (and next year ) I took my mobile phone with me and was able to read the threads but couldn't really respond. I kept checking in because I was concerned I'd miss out on something but the stuff I couldn't understand I just put to one side and thought I'd deal with it later.

Enjoy your holiday... !!!! don't sweat the small stuff... it can all wait...

It's also good that you are word sparring with Paddy, sometimes he needs to hear things also...we don't put anyone on on a pedestal here - anyone can do that, we are free to speak our minds.

1 week 2 days ago #6093 by Dennis
Robyn, my attempt to simplify.

It is simple really.

the package.

and when

The following user(s) said Thank You: Annamarie, Barbarella, Prosperitywithpurpose, Robyn Lockhart

1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #6085 by Annamarie

Hi Robyn, the beauty with helping you in managing your motel for several months to support you to take time out to rest was I got to know and love you like a precious sister. You are either hypo active and stimulated from all that wonderful travelling or missing your bridge to release all that superior intellectual thinking. By word sparring with Paddy - id say this keeping it simple can be applied both ways as I find some of your threads in here not simple for others either - you know what its like telling a group of geniuses how to think its not possible as they out think lol :cheer:

1 week 2 days ago #6074 by Robyn Lockhart
Maybe in one sense the heading is wrong, but I believe there is a gap between the understanding you have and the understanding needed for everyone (and I mean foreign language speaking, badly educated, or semi literate included) to carry this. If its not simple its not going to work as well as we need it to. Some documents are ok to be partly unreadable because you need legalese. But If your thinking is that something is simple when its not that needs to addressed. a simple substitution of increasing instead of leveraging or such etc not quite as accurate perhaps but simpler to take in? I don't know i reread and despair that we will ever be able to understand enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barbarella, Prosperitywithpurpose

1 week 2 days ago #6073 by Paddy Delaney
Ok, point taken the heading is possible wrong

1 week 2 days ago #6072 by Robyn Lockhart
For me it comes to the fact of the heading saying keep it simple - for you it obviously was; for me it still isn't.
I repeat, (copy pasted):
This was presented as a simple way to bring people into the collective. And I am sorry but its not yet even close for me. Its not that I don't understand more and more what you are saying but its not a simple here you go this is it in a simple nutshell place yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barbarella

Time to create page: 2.418 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

November 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25