× General discussion

Robyn's rambling - words and travels

1 month 1 week ago #4487 by Robyn Lockhart
yesterday was a day of doing chores like more visas laundry etc. Went back to the same place as last week looking for the dancers but loud live rock band sigh was such a treasure glad I didn't miss it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 4 days ago #4364 by Robyn Lockhart
Butterfly beauty

In order of appearance

Bright (fluorescent) yellow slightly smaller but sorta regular size
Very huge Black and white approx 4 to 6 inch 10 to 15 cm like a big hand
Pretty markings similar size and appearance but slightly less white than our monarch butterfly which was perfect camouflage in the orange/brown leaves. I saw it land and lost focus on it almost immediately.
very small black and white each wing about triangle on top of bottle cap had several that danced with and on me - clothes skin water bottle etc while i sat and contemplated at the waterfall.
Dull brown heavier (moth?) about one and half to 2 inches
large very bright white about 2 and half or 3 inches, 5 to 8 cm
small bright white about 2.5cm one inch
very small bright yellow about 2cm max

19th oct at dock waiting to bardd the ferry to Koh Rong saw a red white and grey butterfly just a little bigger than our regular black or white ones - it was three sold blocks of colour and very pretty as it moved. I looked up as it moved out of sight to see the rafter beams painted red the inside of corrugated iron roof unpainted grey and the walls of the building bright white - cant help but wonder if it is adapting camoflage.

Will edit this post when additions :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Annamarie

1 month 1 week ago #4340 by Rhonda Bethune

Robyn Lockhart wrote: Today was a wonderful adventure. Divinely looked after, was pouring wet rain when i woke up (6am) and blowing strong gusts so decided rooftop swim not a go today. When Atty (pronounced Ah tee) woke she was uncertain as she wanted to go mountain and didn't think much fun in the rain - we chatted a bit and she said its fri 13th so a good day to go somewhere spiritual and cleansing.(which the waterfall in mountains with sleeping bhudda is) so at just after 8am (tour went 8.30) she rushed off to tour booking place just round the corner, came back shortly after said we on it and it was actually 8am. Rush rush shower breakfast and phew! When the van arrived at almost 9am we had korean bhuddist monk and nun going with us just four of us. Lots of lovely energy rain stopped about then and started again about 1km after we left. Waterfall was amazing whole trip was so lovely gentle and powerful. Was equivalent to their sabbath, so lovely day for blessings.

It sounds to me that you are in exactly the place your Soul wants to be and the hep you have been getting is a testament to you Robyn.
No coincidences only synchronicity.
You will remember your feelings and be able to drift back there whenever you choose.
Blessings to you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robyn Lockhart

1 month 1 week ago #4336 by Angela

Robyn Lockhart wrote: Today was a wonderful adventure. Divinely looked after, was pouring wet rain when i woke up (6am) and blowing strong gusts so decided rooftop swim not a go today. When Atty (pronounced Ah tee) woke she was uncertain as she wanted to go mountain and didn't think much fun in the rain - we chatted a bit and she said its fri 13th so a good day to go somewhere spiritual and cleansing.(which the waterfall in mountains with sleeping bhudda is) so at just after 8am (tour went 8.30) she rushed off to tour booking place just round the corner, came back shortly after said we on it and it was actually 8am. Rush rush shower breakfast and phew! When the van arrived at almost 9am we had korean bhuddist monk and nun going with us just four of us. Lots of lovely energy rain stopped about then and started again about 1km after we left. Waterfall was amazing whole trip was so lovely gentle and powerful. Was equivalent to their sabbath, so lovely day for blessings.

Lovely to read of your journey. I loved my trips to Asia and found that wherever I went the people were so friendly, and helpful and the scenery out of this world. I felt the vibrancy and ambience uplifting and always felt a bit flat returning to to NZ for a few days. Keep your journal up Robyn we are all sharing your trip and if anyone deserved one it's you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhonda Bethune, Robyn Lockhart

1 month 1 week ago #4321 by Robyn Lockhart
Today was a wonderful adventure. Divinely looked after, was pouring wet rain when i woke up (6am) and blowing strong gusts so decided rooftop swim not a go today. When Atty (pronounced Ah tee) woke she was uncertain as she wanted to go mountain and didn't think much fun in the rain - we chatted a bit and she said its fri 13th so a good day to go somewhere spiritual and cleansing.(which the waterfall in mountains with sleeping bhudda is) so at just after 8am (tour went 8.30) she rushed off to tour booking place just round the corner, came back shortly after said we on it and it was actually 8am. Rush rush shower breakfast and phew! When the van arrived at almost 9am we had korean bhuddist monk and nun going with us just four of us. Lots of lovely energy rain stopped about then and started again about 1km after we left. Waterfall was amazing whole trip was so lovely gentle and powerful. Was equivalent to their sabbath, so lovely day for blessings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb

1 month 1 week ago #4319 by Anita:Technical Support
That sounds very interesting Robyn..

1 month 1 week ago #4291 by Paddy Delaney
We feel are with you in this journey ...any pictures?

1 month 1 week ago #4277 by Robyn Lockhart
Yesterday took an afternoon tour to Tonle Sap lake and the floating village. Lots of boat activity among the mangroves. I love getting out and about in nature.

1 month 1 week ago #4221 by Robyn Lockhart
By the way sunset time would have been near midnight nz time. Another day or two with my body clock adjusting further, going out then and waiting 3 hours will not be so tiring. I was up local time 6am today and had swim in hotel rooftop pool small (maybe 10 yards/metres by 3/4m) and plain really with a few loungers and palms in pots. Nice to lie in the water and kick and swim up and down a bit. The muslim prayer calls was the loudest sound traffic noise minimal that time of day. Lovely way to start the day then shower. Nice that I have moved wanting to sleep time from before 9pm to later and wake up time to 6am instead of 3/4am lol and look forward to further improvement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Kapil Arn

1 month 1 week ago #4218 by Robyn Lockhart
thanks Gill was planning to do just that bought 3 day entrance ticket and plan one of them to go just for sunset was too tired to stay last night but you have to go early like before 3pm and wait 3 hours or you queue for ticket only 300 allowed we were early enough but guide suggested we didn't stay and all came down at least an hour before - figured we were doing others a big favor,sky didn't look like exciting sunset and it didn't seem so from town later either a little orange and fizzled. The other use i figured would be great to just explore on a tuk tuk. So thats now a definite!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anita:Technical Support, Kapil Arn

1 month 1 week ago #4204 by Anita:Technical Support
Wow Robyn, So pleased for you.Its been a while coming for you and thank You so much for sharing your journey with us. I hope you have the most fabulous time and look forward to your updates when they come through.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhonda Bethune

1 month 1 week ago #4203 by Steve Weller
Hi Robyn ... Good times aye and many more to come, hope you have wound down to holiday speed :-) cool good on you :)

1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #4198 by Gill Poole
Nice Robyn, wait till you try the foot 'fish nibbling' massage... you'll love it

Try visiting Angkor Wat on a tok tuk. More back streets and smaller temples - more diverse in their patterns and design. Not so overwhelming.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, Robyn Lockhart

1 month 1 week ago #4196 by onieceg
Awesome Robyn....enjoy your trip.....you deserve it!

Foundation Member

1 month 1 week ago #4195 by PattiH

Robyn Lockhart wrote: As most of you know I am on the move. I left christchurch saturday 6am nz time. Arrived Bangkok 8.30 pm their time but approx 19 hours elapsed time. Been same arrival time in cambodia the following night and jet lag continues with going to sleep approx 3 or 4 am nz time waking up about 4 am local time lol 6 hours sleep max..And loving being here

So many miracles!

I got in the lift at bankok airport sunday arvo a man said I know you I turned to look at him and he said charming thai and i was already saying omg wow he has a restaurant in ashburton that i have eaten at about 30 to 50 times over the last 15 years. I figure there are about 7 billion people in the world a large number of whom pass thru bangkok airport daily but even so seeing someone i know in a random lift in bangkok airport is a jaw dropping miracle for me.

Found a massage place at bangkok airport and had 2 hours to kill so treated myself. It cost about $80 Nz but she was so present when she massaged it was such a treat. She went hard and deep and it sure tweaked me but so powerful because of her focus. So unexpected in such an environment. I will treat myself to one here soon too :) Left me struggling to cope with carry on bags but lovely couple from auckland took me under their wing and helped me on and off the plane.

Randomly walked pass a bar/restaurant/nightclub advertising live dancing show on monday night, and was treated to amazing performance. The first woman onstage was so present as she danced that i could connect/tune in to her throughout the night and just feel so WOW. She was dancing the traditional dance in its full essence not just going thru the motions. One of the males who only came onstage in dance 2 of the 6 dance program was equally present. By the last dance their energy carried to the whole troupe and the dance was so powerful and wow wow WOW. It wasn't that the costumes were extraordinary or the the routines etc though the dances were well presented. It was the presence of these two that made it. Pictures would not convey the feeling, though I am considering returning to watch them again and take a cpl of pics.

Today got on the bus for tour of the Angkor Wat temple complex.Sat in first double seat and found i could put my tired feet up in perfect comfort on the ledge in front. First day I have had swollen ankles so minimal that they already back to ok after an hour or so back at hotel. Walking in the heat and plane journeys has not been kind to my ankles.

Can see I am not going to be able to cope with travel as much as I used to due to aging body but I am doing ok and trust all will settle down soon!

Will post here when I have the opportunity. There is sure to be something to say lol! If i get pics I will add but don't count on it!

Hi Robyn,

Glad you are enjoying yourself - stay safe!

As the saying goes "It is a small world" you never know who you will run across in your travels.

Another saying "Don't do anything that you do not want anyone at home to know - you never know who is watching".

There are people that you don't know that know of you just about anywhere you go in the world. Word gets back home quick in this instant media day and age. lol

Enjoy your travels.

Patti

Partner S2T

1 month 1 week ago #4194 by Paddy Delaney
Beautiful Robyn ...I can feel we are on the journey with you

1 month 1 week ago #4190 by Robyn Lockhart
As most of you know I am on the move. I left christchurch saturday 6am nz time. Arrived Bangkok 8.30 pm their time but approx 19 hours elapsed time. Been same arrival time in cambodia the following night and jet lag continues with going to sleep approx 3 or 4 am nz time waking up about 4 am local time lol 6 hours sleep max..And loving being here

So many miracles!

I got in the lift at bankok airport sunday arvo a man said I know you I turned to look at him and he said charming thai and i was already saying omg wow he has a restaurant in ashburton that i have eaten at about 30 to 50 times over the last 15 years. I figure there are about 7 billion people in the world a large number of whom pass thru bangkok airport daily but even so seeing someone i know in a random lift in bangkok airport is a jaw dropping miracle for me.

Found a massage place at bangkok airport and had 2 hours to kill so treated myself. It cost about $80 Nz but she was so present when she massaged it was such a treat. She went hard and deep and it sure tweaked me but so powerful because of her focus. So unexpected in such an environment. I will treat myself to one here soon too :) Left me struggling to cope with carry on bags but lovely couple from auckland took me under their wing and helped me on and off the plane.

Randomly walked pass a bar/restaurant/nightclub advertising live dancing show on monday night, and was treated to amazing performance. The first woman onstage was so present as she danced that i could connect/tune in to her throughout the night and just feel so WOW. She was dancing the traditional dance in its full essence not just going thru the motions. One of the males who only came onstage in dance 2 of the 6 dance program was equally present. By the last dance their energy carried to the whole troupe and the dance was so powerful and wow wow WOW. It wasn't that the costumes were extraordinary or the the routines etc though the dances were well presented. It was the presence of these two that made it. Pictures would not convey the feeling, though I am considering returning to watch them again and take a cpl of pics.

Today got on the bus for tour of the Angkor Wat temple complex.Sat in first double seat and found i could put my tired feet up in perfect comfort on the ledge in front. First day I have had swollen ankles so minimal that they already back to ok after an hour or so back at hotel. Walking in the heat and plane journeys has not been kind to my ankles.

Can see I am not going to be able to cope with travel as much as I used to due to aging body but I am doing ok and trust all will settle down soon!

Will post here when I have the opportunity. There is sure to be something to say lol! If i get pics I will add but don't count on it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Weller, Annamarie, Rhonda Bethune, Deb Deb, Kapil Arn

Time to create page: 2.139 seconds

Translate

Login

Events

November 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30